What better to accompany your Pumpkin Spice Latte (#PSL) than some protein- and fiber-rich Pumpkin Spice Trail Mix? Loaded with nutritious nuts, crispy cereal and oats, and chewy apples, this is the perfect fall snack at work, before the gym, or anytime you need a little pick me up. Also, with Halloween rapidly approaching this Friday, this trail mix is a great party treat that offers a more nutritionally, texturally, and gustatorily complex update on the classic party Chex Mix.
Pumpkin Spice Trail Mix
1 ½ cup Cinnamon Chex
1 cup Honey Nut Chex
½ cup Brown Rice Crisp cereal (I used plain, no salt added)
½ cup GF granola (I used Love Grown’s Simply Oats)
¼ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup walnut pieces
½ cup pecan pieces
½ cup pistachios
¼ cup almonds
½ cup of dried apples
¼ cup vegan Earth Balance
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp vanilla
1. Combine cereals and nuts in a large, microwave-safe bowl.
2. Add ¼ cup of Earth Balance to a separate microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 40 seconds or until melted.
3. Add 2 tsp of vanilla, ¼ cup brown sugar, and 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice to Earth Balance and stir well.
4. Pour liquid mixture over trail mix.
5. Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring every minute.