This is probably one of the simplest and healthiest recipes for “ice cream” ever! Three ingredients… can’t beat that, especially when ⅔ of the ingredients are fruit! Really, you could make this with only two ingredients (just the fruit), but I wanted to add a little protein punch to my nice cream. Because this recipe consists of basically all fruit ingredients, one might think that it would more appropriately be named a sorbet. However, the rich creaminess of the frozen bananas and the creamy vanilla from the protein powder are more reminiscent of ice cream than a sorbet. Whatever you call it, you’ll be calling it delicious!
1 frozen banana
10 fresh strawberries
½ scoop Plant Fusion Vanilla Bean Protein Powder
1. Slice up a ripe banana and freeze for at least 2 hours
2. Place frozen banana slices into food processor. Add ½ scoop of Plant Fusion Vanilla Bean Protein Powder. I try to never add the protein powder on top of whatever I’m blending because when you turn the food processor on, it’ll poof like fairy dust and go everywhere- wasting your precious protein!
3. Add 10 fresh strawberries. You could also use frozen strawberries, but you might have to add some almond milk to get the mixture to blend to a cream. Using fresh strawberries gives the recipe just enough juice to dissolve the protein powder and allow the mixture to cream without getting too watery (or added any extra ingredients!).
4. Blend until creamy and delicious!
5. Garnish with sliced fresh strawberry and enjoy your healthy, guilt-free frozen treat!