A couple weeks ago, my mom gave me a bottle of Brianna’s Honey Mustard dressing. I was intrigued by the dressing’s claim that it went perfectly on fresh avocados. Honey mustard and avocado? Interesting. I would have never considered such a combination; thus, I became determined to create a recipe that included this intriguing duo.
After ODing on honey mustard religiously for most of my childhood and teenage years, I actually haven’t had many encounters with honey mustard over the past several years. Back in the day, chicken tenders and honey mustard was my shit- I ate that dish at almost every restaurant, and it was always my go-to option. You can ask any of my childhood friends, chicken tenders and I were inseparable. Ugh. Thankfully, times have changed. Now I have created a healthier, grown up version of chicken and honey mustard. Today I bring you a recipe for honey mustard chicken with avocado, served with grilled asparagus and sesame rice.
Honey Mustard Chicken with Avocado
Ingredients: Organic chicken breast
Brianna’s Honey Mustard Dressing
Salt and Pepper
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and add to skillet coated with extra virgin olive oil on medium high heat.
- Cook about 6 minutes each side until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Baste sautéed breasts with Brianna’s Honey Mustard dressing. Continue to simmer in the honey mustard for 2 minutes each side.
- Remove from heat and top with sliced fresh avocado.
- Serve with sautéed asparagus with red and yellow bell peppers and red onion and sesame rice (bought pre-made from the Good Food’s Co-Op).
I really enjoyed this dish. I won’t lie, I was a little hesitant about the honey mustard and avocado suggestion, but they came together quite nicely with the sautéed chicken breast. The sautéd asparagus side is a classic side of mine- quick, simple, delicious, healthy. The sesame rice was something I picked up from the salad bar at the Good Food’s Co-Op, and it’s gluten free and vegan. This honey mustard chicken has inspired me to create another recipe: a healthy remake of my former addiction, crispy chicken tenders with honey mustard dipping sauce. I already have a game plan for this recipe, so I look forward to sharing another healthy remake of an unhealthy favorite! Oh, and taste testing is pretty fun for me too 😉