What’s in the Lilly cup today?
Well, this is it. My secret weapon, my famous recipe, the best damn smoothie you’ll ever eat. I love this fruit smoothie combination so much that I rarely try any variations. Why would I fix perfection? This smoothie already has everything and packs a protein punch and antioxidant kick with 6 servings of fruit! I usually eyeball my ingredients when I make smoothies, but I tried to measure out everything this time so I could share with you all. I also took pictures after almost every addition, so you too can picture the relative amounts of fruit I use. Try it out this Memorial Day, it’s a great treat to keep you cool and refreshed while outside enjoying the beautiful weekend weather! So shhhh…. here’s my secret. Try it yourself and get outside today and soak up some sun!
Nika’s Classic Fruit Protein Smoothie
Frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, frozen peaches, frozen raspberries, frozen cherries, frozen mango, one fresh banana, organic 100% apple juice, Plant Fusion Vanilla Bean protein powder.
1. Add strawberries. To be ultra specific, I used 8 large, whole strawberries here.
2. Add ⅔ cup peaches and 1 cup blueberries.
3. Add 1/3 cup raspberries.
4. Add 1/3 cup cherries.
5. Add ⅔ cup mango and 1 banana.
6. Add one scoop Plant Fusion Vanilla Bean protein powder. Add 2 cups of organic 100% apple juice.
7. Blend until all ingredients are pureed and evenly distributed. Add more apple juice if fruit remains unblended.
8. Makes 4 servings. Eat one now, stick one in the refrigerator for later, and freeze the others to enjoy on another day!