I love a good breakfast sandwich, but being gluten free, dairy free, egg free, and red meat and pork free can limit the once vast breakfast options. This breakfast wrap is better than the “real thing.” It’s got the cheesy, eggy taste of a cheese omelet and the rich, savory taste of the turkey bacon. The salsa adds some complexity and acidity with some southwestern flair. Wrap it up in a chewy, starchy wrap, and you’ve got a perfect breakfast wrap in your hand. I paired this wrap with a colorful summer fruit salad with organic fruits, including fuji apples, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and oranges. A great way to start a weekend morning!
Turkey Bacon and Cheesy Spinach Tofu Scramble Breakfast Wrap with Summer Fruit Salad
Ingredients for Wrap
Turkey bacon (vegan option- use meatless “facon”)
Simple Truth Salsa
Daiya Cheddar Cheese
GF Brown Rice Wrap
Ingredients for Fruit Salad
1 Fuji apple
Handful of blueberries
Handful of raspberries
½ navel orange
Directions for Wrap
1. Add two large handfuls of organic, washed spinach to large skillet with olive oil.
2. When spinach begins to wilt, add crumbled firm tofu. Season with salt, pepper, turmeric, paprika, and chili powder.
3. Add cheese on top of tofu scramble, cook until cheese melts.
4. Cook 6 strips of turkey bacon in a drizzle of olive oil. Cook until crispy.
6. Add three strips of turkey bacon to each wrap.
7. Top turkey bacon with cheesy spinach tofu scramble.
8. Roll up and serve with fruit salad. Makes two servings.
This is such a delicious, well-rounded, and healthy breakfast. You’ve got a nice balance of fruits and vegetables from the fruit salad and spinach with protein from the tofu and turkey bacon and some complex carbs from the brown rice tortilla. All that fiber and protein will fill you up, keep you satisfied, and fuel you up to make today a productive day!