Something I have done before that people have enjoyed reading and found helpful is posting my intake (food) and outtake (exercise) for the day. Thus, I present to you a day in the life of Nika, your local health nut and fitness nerd, one bite at a time.
Dinner, Last Night
- Salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, red pepper, sunflower seeds, and cucumber. Salad dressing: Annie’s Chile Lime dressing (new discovery, ooohh it’s delicious). Topped with an Amy’s Sonoma veggie burger (these contain quinoa- great sources of protein, iron, and fiber- and walnuts- healthy nuts containing monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids).
- Homemade all fruit smoothie: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, mango, apple juice, orange and mango juice, vanilla Plant Fusion protein powder. Made 4 servings of smoothies- one for dinner, one for breakfast, and some for this weekend stored in the freezer
- Dessert: Enjoy Life Ricemilk Crunch Chocolate bar. I usually don’t eat chocolate, but this is only 170 calories for the entire bar and satisfied my random craving.
- Gluten free cereal and granola medley with almond milk
- Fruit protein smoothie (prepped last night)
- Amy’s Sonoma Veggie Burger
- Homemade white bean and vegetable soup
- Gala apple
- Carrot sticks
- Nature’s Path Apple Pie Crunch granola bar
- Grilled mahi mahi with olive oil
- Brown rice and quinoa
- Sauteed asparagus